My project the last weeks. Thought it might be interesting for you all to see progress pictures.
I wanted this set of antlers to have a certain shape and to be light. So I completely hand sculpted this item.
Picture 1&2: I started with a base of iron wire covered in isolation foam (the one you get in the spray can).
Picture 3:I carved the foam into a rough antler shape, trying to get both sides as thick and broad.
Picture 4: With light weight clay (L'Artista clay) I sculpted the perfected shape of the antlers. I also reshaped my iron frame.
Pictures 5,6,7: After sanding and fine tuning I covered the entire thing in worbla to give it strength
Picture 8,9,10: After a Base coat of paint I painted the antlers to look like real ones. I had lots of reference images on my board to inspire me.
I love how this piece has the shape and feel of real antlers with having only a fracture of the weight!